Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Tiny Desk.. Big Sound

Gods bless NPR. They are always surprising me every week with some eye-opening.. soul-awakening.. laughter inducing.. CONTENT. I posted a Zee Avi Tiny Desk Concert video at the early beginnings of this blog. And today, I am posting a video by Wye Oak, a Baltimore duo that consists of Jenn Wasner and Andy Stack, that made my morning today just delightful. I blame the little hippie in me. Blame her. Blame her for introducing you to music you'd otherwise miss! There's just something about the sound of acoustic guitars.. matched with such an intriguing voice.. gives me chills and takes me back to my high school days when I worshipped Sarah McLachlan. (I Blame that little hippie!)

Regret
the floor will all cave in at ten o'clock
my tired body to absorb the shock
years of decay will make a mess of me
these rotted floor boards arch below my feet

the flood will take us when we're in our sleep
this city swallowed by the oceans deep
the ice will melt and then the seas will swell
but this is not a thing on which to dwell

there is nothing to regret

Go here to check out all the other Tiny Desk Concert vids.. maybe you can find your own little sunshine today, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment