Friday, April 9, 2010

Friday Funday

I loved today. It was just like any other ordinary day but today was different. As always, I woke up at 4am, hot.. then cold again. then hot.. then cold again. The cycle begins of sleeplessness. I fight this everyday.. sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. Today was not one of this mornings. I slept for a couple more hours and ever so often wake up- see my kitty Lux at my feet and my most handsome boyfriend lying next to me and I smile. I love my life and I am so content at that very moment.. it's really what I live for everyday. So I will tell you my most perfect morning.
I wake up, turn to my side and put my arm around Matthew. I kiss him good morning and take the biggest whiff of pheromones that I can get from him. He's still sleeping but it's 'wake-up' time. Snuggle here.. snuggle there. Inappropriate touching in between. Now we are both awake. I ask him if it's coffee time and he says yes. This is the time that I start being the busy little bee I just love to be. Get up.. wash dishes.. boil water.. prepare the coffee to steep. What should we have for breakfast? I decide on Matthew's favorite (English) breakfast. Beans, toast, and eggs. My secret to great beans? Fry up some bacon ahead of time until they are crisp. Add crumbled bacon to the beans right before serving. Another little secret? Brown sugar. Yumm! We have breakfast and it is just delicious! I don't have any toast, however, because I'm currently trying to cut down on carbs. Sad story. But bikini season IS coming soon! If not already here in Sunny Diego! So after breakfast, Matthew had the most fabulous suggestion:
Matt: Do you want to do something today?
Me: Yes!
Matt: Let's go to Cabrillo today. It's a nice day out and I've never been before.
So off we went to Cabrillo National Monument. We got there and took the scenic drive down to the cliffs. Vantage points galore.. surrounded by tide pools! There were plenty of snails, barnacles, and California mussels to see. All that paired along with the beautiful sun gracing us with her warmth and light-- I was in heaven. 
After we left we stopped by Kragen to pick up some brake lights that ironically both of our cars needed. Left brake light. We get home.. and we fix our brake lights and I start making us lunch. I had some pork chops in the fridge so I made pan-grilled pork chops with roasted vegetables. For an appetizer, I made garlic-jalapeno cheese bread. We only had one pepperoni left so only one of the breads had the yummy pepperoni on it. It was like a mini pizza!

Okay. I'm sorry if I bored you to death. But this is what makes my life worthwhile. The love of my life, my furry best friend Lux, and good food.
(this photos was not taken today but taken in Flagstaff.)
Oh.. and duh! My crazy friends! Hell-oooooh?! Can't forget those lovelies. 

2 comments: