Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Facebook should be called Slambook

Yes. I am on Facebook everyday. But I try to not use it as a 'soap box' of sorts since a lot of my "friends" on there are not really my closest of friends and I just do not like to air my dirty laundry for everyone to see. A post that a close friend of mine put up today just made me mad. How dare someone.. who demands that others respect their own happiness.. bash on another's?! It boggles my mind. That's why I consider those who do 'air' their dirty laundry on Facebook.. as someone who uses it as sort of a Slam-book. You know those books, the ones that went around in middle/high school where you secretly write things about other people anonymously? Some comments are nice.. some are mean. But then again.. that was back in high school. HIGH SCHOOL. I'd like to think I've made some sort of growth as a person up to this point in my life. I still haven't learned the true meaning of: never let emotions get the best of you. But when you post comments that hurt someone I love.. Shame on you.

So let's all try to live with some sort of common respect, decency, and pure love for the wrecked souls out there. They are your neighbors. They are your brothers and sisters. They are "you" and "I." So three cheers (hey! hey! hey!) to those who live life with grace and dignity! I admire you. To all of you who are reading this.. I love you.. and still do.

No comments:

Post a Comment