Friday, February 19, 2010

Scales on a Hot Tin Roof

I saw Scales perform last night at the Tin Can Ale House in Bankers Hill. I got there around 9:30pm after meeting up with Joy (check out her blog at www.joyjama.com) who is also in the band as a Scarlet Scalette. She plays the tambourine and man, can she sha-sha-shake it! Scales performed last so I got to err-enjoy the first two bands that played. Not quite sure what their names were. They weren't necessarily what I consider my taste in music.. but they brought the friendliest crowd with them! So if that reflects who they are as a band.. sign me up! So at about 11pm.. the NOISE was bo-rought-ten by the members of Scales. They played two new songs, one of which is called Haunted Home which was soooo good. Totally a "mood" song.. it had a creepy bass line that I dug. They are playing at Bar Pink next week and then their big show is at the Che Cafe at UCSD on March 5, 2010. Here's a poster I made today for the show:

No comments:

Post a Comment