Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Goodbye, 2009... Hello, 28!


Goodbye, 2009... Hello, 28!

Yup.. I finally did it. After 12 years of having long hair, I cut it all off because of three things: 1) I'm 28 today 2) I'm ringing in the New Year as a 'New Me' 3) because hair always grows back and I am donating my hair to the Locks of Love foundation. The third reason hits home a little since a few years back, I was unfortunately going through a very stressful time in my life and my health was deteriorating. After multiple trips to the my primary physician, dermatologist, and oncologist- due to unexplained rashes, hair loss, and extreme fatigue- I was diagnosed with Lupus. The rashes were fine, I could always cover it up with make-up.. and the fatigue.. heck, everyone needs sleep!.. but the hair loss was the most heartbreaking for me.. I just couldn't deal with it. Now that I have my health in charge, a full head of thick hair (hey! I didn't say thick-headed!!! lol...,) and a semi-rash free face/body.. I am giving someone out there the opportunity to take life back and not be afraid to live aloud and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment